Before we get too far into the HVAC installation services Legacy Air provides, we’ll take a detour and clear up common misconceptions about what an HVAC system is. Because both air conditioning (AC) and HVAC are terms often used interchangeably, many people are uncertain about what differentiates the two.
What Is an HVAC System?
HVAC is an acronym for Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning. The HVAC unit delivers both the heating and air conditioning in your home or business. It’s also responsible for providing the ventilation that circulates so moisture can escape. The furnace, AC, and the moisture-releasing ductwork and vents are included in the HVAC unit.
All HVAC systems provide for air conditioning; however, not all AC units are HVAC units. An AC unit is only equipped to cool your building.
What Are the Four Types of HVAC Systems?
Now that you’re up on what an HVAC system is, let’s look at the four types that keep you comfortable in your indoor environment.
HVAC Split System
A heating and air conditioning split system has an outdoor unit that houses the condenser and compressor, and it has an indoor unit that contains the evaporator coil and blower. The indoor unit is connected to the heat pump or furnace. If you do have a furnace, but not an air conditioner, a split system may be the most economical and efficient installation.
HVAC Split System Components
- An outdoor module that includes the fan, compressor, electrical components, and condenser coil.
- Refrigerant that’s circulated between the indoor and outdoor units.
- An evaporator coil seated inside the home above the furnace.
- The blower that absorbs the heat from the air and carries warm air over the cold evaporator coil.
- Ducts that circulate the air throughout the residence or commercial building.
- A thermostat to control the temperature.
Hybrid Heat Pump HVAC System
A hybrid heating and cooling system uses an electric heat pump that’s combined with fuel oil, propane, or natural gas furnace. A heat pump is one device that both heats and cools; it’s an air conditioner that also works in reverse to heat your building.
A heat pump may be an efficient solution for those Las Vegas’ temperatures that register at 400 or above. Some desert nights, however, can feel the chill of the mid-twenties, which is when the furnace backup comes on to take care of properly heating your space.
Hybrid Heat Pump HVAC System Components
- A heat pump that both cools and heats the refrigerant.
- A furnace and an evaporator coil to convert the refrigerant and circulate the air.
- Ductwork for ventilation.
- A thermostat to monitor the temperature.
Ductless Mini-Split HVAC System
If your space can’t accommodate the ductwork of a conventional HVAC system, or you want to enhance your existing HVAC, a ductless mini-split system may be your solution. Each ductless mini-split unit is installed directly where it’s needed, and each unit can handle up to four indoor zones or rooms.
Ductless Mini-Split HVAC Components
- An outdoor heat pump unit that houses the fan, condenser, and compressor.
- An indoor air handler.
- A compact fan coil.
- Tubing for the refrigerant to circulate between the outdoor unit and the fan. It only requires a three-inch hole.
Packaged HVAC System
If your residential or commercial space lacks the appropriate space to house the split systems’ separate components, a packaged HVAC unit offers a practical solution. It contains the condenser, compressor, evaporator, and electric coils in one unit that’s typically positioned outdoors near the foundation or on the roof.
Packaged HVAC System Components
- One unit that combines air conditioner, heat pump, evaporator, and fan coil.
- Thermostat for controlling temperatures.
Contact Legacy Air to request a free evaluation of your property to determine the correct size, type of system, and specifications for your home or business.
Why Choose Legacy Air for Your HVAC Installation?
When you choose Legacy Air, you are choosing an air conditioning contractor that puts the client’s best interests first. Each NATE certified technician stands behind our work, and that means we don’t take shortcuts or cut corners. Keeping your safety as our priority has earned us a perfect record with the State Contractors Board, the number one contractor on Yelp with a five-star rating, and an A+ rating with the BBB.
We realize that installing an HVAC system is one of the major decisions you will make as a property owner, which is why we thoroughly evaluate your home or business in order to arrive at the best possible solution for your unique circumstances.
Once we embark on the installation process, you will hardly realize we’re there. We treat your home like a palace by spreading tarps over all the flooring in our route and wearing shoe covers and gloves. In fact, once the installation is complete, the only way you’ll know we’ve been there is by the perfect temperature and reduced power bill.
Legacy Air offers full service and installations on all models of the following brands:
- American Standard
- AC Pro
- And all other major brands
Call us at (702) 453-4229 for a free estimate for all your HVAC installation needs.
Outstanding Rebates and Warranties
- Legacy is registered with Nevada Energy and eligible to offer rebates of up to $900 per system (some restrictions apply).
- We offer the best products, such as Amana, along with the available 10-year parts and labor warranties in addition to a lifetime compressor and heat exchanger warranty with equipment in the event either of them fails.
- You are automatically enrolled as a member of our Friends and Family Program. It provides you with reduced diagnostic fees for the duration of your 10-year warranty. In fact, the first year is free, so you immediately save $180.
- New installs are provided with a 10-year part warranty and a lifetime warranty on workmanship. On equipment that rates 16 SEER or higher, offer an available 10-year labor warranty.
- A lifetime warranty on workmanship is provided.
- In the event that you require more than three repairs on your unit within the first three years, you are covered by our three-year “Lemon Guarantee.” That means that we’ll remove the unit and refund you the money. That’s just one way we express our confidence in our services and products.
Contact one of our professional staff to request a free estimate on your next HVAC installation. We’ll carefully and honestly evaluate your building’s requirements and offer you the most economical and efficient options.